VNA Data Management
Free Test Software
Free ODBC to
Free LabVIEW SQL/ODBC LLB
sql_LV.llb is a high-performance library for interfacing your LabView
application with your ODBC-based database.
NOTE: Check out the "howto" documentation.
Requirements: LabView (of course, tested with 6.1 +), OpenG Toolkit (for Variant and Cluster tools, great stuff), MySQL client (even if you use only ODBC/UnixODBC, though it can be re-compiled)
Download Version 1.08, (latest beta) a million thanks to Christian Bucher at Amadyne
for adding DLL-level error checking and typecasts.
I've added a new function, sql_info.vi, and have trussed up
the update functions and made the whole thing reentrant (though you
better open multiple references/connections).
- Complete SQL functionality but no
SQL programming knowledge required.
- Connection to most popular databases through ODBC. Tested with:
- MS Access
- SQL Server
- MySQL access through direct API
- High-level, easy-to-use
functions for common database
- Direct interaction with local or remote databases
- All I/O through simple LabView string arrays
- INSERT (REPLACE) and SELECT through clusters with element names as
FIELD names with automatic type setting. Handle:
- Programmer may keep DB connections remained closed until processing data --
License issues minimized
of slow authentication with MS SQL Server, you may now open a DB as a
LV reference and keep the connection open until calling the close VI.
All the VIs are now polymorphic and accept either the original DB
cluster or an opened reference.
- Maintaining an open connection allows the programmer to use
"TEMPORARY" TABLEs (good only for the life of a connection) from one
SQL query to another.
- Not multi-threaded, but getting closer with connection and
statement handles being allocated to unique memory locations -- contact
me (through the VI documentation) if you have a compelling need.